Re: OpenEmbedded

Wow.  Apparenty y'all are not referring to building the OpenEmbedded
development environment, but the image itself?

I'd understood that config is difficult, but at least I'd be beyond
establishing the development environment.

Studying pbuilder now, which invokes debootstrap and apt.  Cdebootstrap seems
to be a more primitive incantation of debootstrap.  Also learning about
OpenEmbedded.

Carl Cook

On Wednesday 02 February 2005 3:47, Mathias Lewin wrote:

> I agree - I just had a 14-something hour build fail on my AMD64 1.5G RAM
machine.
> The build process is really a CM issue, since it's very difficult to know
what
> really is pulled into the build. So far I have to look at the post-build
forensics.

> The problem(s) as I see them are:
>
> - build configuration too complex (or: a _real_ challenge to a CM ;)
> - build performance s-l-o-w
>
> best,
>
> Mathias

The