Re: gcc cross

> gcc-4.1 is uploaded to experimental. as usual, I don't have checked
> anything about the cross builds :-(

I'm currently in process of updating cross-compile building stuff. It does
not work yet, and the process is slow because of lack of free time.
If/when I'll get existing version working, I will hopely look into 4.1 as
well :)

> could you have a look at #333922? Does it really make sense to split
> the source tarball into a separate package?

It may make sence in some form...   However the exact patch provided looks
strange and incomplete. Maybe better first to ask submitter to explain
which procedure of building cross-compilers he means.

I agree that making it possible to apt-get install something and then
running a command to get cross-compiler for any (including non-debian)
target would be good. However, the exact tech details are a topic for
discussion. Maybe debian-embedded@ people will write more. I'm CC'ing
there.

Nikita