Re: emdebian project status

> Hello Fathi,
>
> this is a major problem. There is no HowTo because the project is in an
> early stage ... it under heavy development and I guess people like
> rather to code than to write HowTos ;-)
>
> For the Wookey article check
> http://www.aleph1.co.uk/talks/emdebsys/
>
> (I tried to add the link to the FAQ on the Wiki but I get an error
> message saving the changes :-(  )
>
> But be warned that it may be out of date. EmdebSys it is deprecated anyway.
>
> Wookey made a presentation on the DebConf5 last week. I have no clue if
> this presentation is already in the Web.
>
> Wookey could you place your presentation on the Wiki?
>
> You should take a look at the Stag project which you may find at
> http://stag.mind.be/
>
> There you find also better documentation.
>
> ragards Max

the debconf5 talks have a page on the wiki :
http://wiki.debian.net/?DebConf5Talks

i found the video recording of the presentation :
http://dc5video.debian.net/2005-07-11/05-Embedded_Debian_Demo-Wookey.mpeg

and the slide :
http://www.aleph1.co.uk/talks/emdebian/Debconf2005.pdf

the pdf file seems to be broken ...

>I'm afraid that project is almost dead - at least there is very little
>mailing list activity over past months.

it's not really active because it lacks of documentation. there isn't an easy
way to try and test emdebian, not really user oriented.

cheers

Fathi