Debian on m32r at Linuxtag

Interesting speech at LinuxTag Friday, June 24th, 2005:

Porting to the m32r Architecture

M32R is CPU architecture for embedded market. We have ported Linux
kernel to M32R. The M32R support includes nommu, up, and smp. Now, we
are "bootstraping" Debian distribution from ground zero. The porting
process of Debian (or other distribution) should be formalized, less
black-magic is better. To formalize th bootstrap process of building
Debian distribution, we cross build as many packages as possible. I will
talk about this bootstrap process and cross building issues.

If someone goes there, try to get the slides.

Thanks,

--
Benjamin Henrion <bh@udev.org>
http://bh.udev.org