Re: APT and dpkg-checkbuilddeps support in CVS

Well to start,

This is great news! I will test it as soon as I can.

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 14:59 -0600, Quantum Scientific wrote:
> >From raphael.bossek@gmx.de Mon Jan 31 14:48:19 2005
> > after some delay I've check-in the APT and dpkg-checkbuilddeps functionality
> > in CVS under the branch-debian_version_1_22. You can also find prebuild
> > Debian packages at http://einstein.speech-design.de/~br/dpkg-cross
> >
> > After excessive testing (delayed the check-in) I'm happy to announce a working
> > APT and dpkg-checkbuilddeps implementation for dpkg-cross. It make fun to use
> > it, really ;)
> > For all those who are looking for apt-build support. I can clam them down.
> > After some little modification I was already able to build packages using it.
> > I think I will make some patches awailabe as bug reports agains apt-build to
> > make a default functionality.
>
> I don't understand how this relates to EmDebian project, and what I should do?

Dpkg-cross is an important part of our new (in development) approach. So
this is clearly relevant to us. And it can be used for cross-compiling
(+/-) Debian packages. Also our toolchain build uses it.

> But I have been following the instructions here:
> http://stag.mind.be/stag_betadoc.pdf
> ... and the manual construction of the toolchains fails to compile.

Well it took me about 3 weeks of trying and fiddeling to compile my
first cross-toolchain by hand. This is a very hard and annoying task.
Especially if you have to find the patches.

> I am now trying Kegel's Crosstool, but it does not seem to apply update patches to the apps, as apt-get does.

It is no Debian package either. If you dig around a bit in the directory
structure you will find a whole set of patches that will be applied
during the build.

greets,

Philippe

--
| Philippe De Swert
|
| Stag developer http://stag.mind.be/
| Emdebian developer: http://www.emdebian.org
|
| Please do not send me documents in a closed format.
(*.doc,*.xls,*.ppt)