Re: Building root filesystem instructions using debootstrap

On Mon, 2005-01-31 at 13:18 -0600, Quantum Scientific wrote:
> On Monday 31 January 2005 12:23, Craig Hollabaugh wrote:
> > reference answer or RTFM. I'm going to take an hour out of my busy
> > Monday morning to help you and others get started using Debian on
> > embedded x86 systems. Eventually, emDebian will perform a similar
>
> Thanks Craig, but the first question has got to be, what version of Debian is
> EmDebian tracking?

I have to plead ignorant here. I've been listening on this list for a
year to monitor the process. I haven't needed to use emDebian for any
project yet so I don't know that answer.

When 256M CF parts dropped below $20, I started using debootstrap to
build my root filesystems. My customers are not high volume and they're
x86. So debootstrap with a modified sarge script works just fine.

Dr. Craig Hollabaugh, craig@hollabaugh.com, 970 325 0509
Author of Embedded Linux: Hardware, Software and Interfacing
www.embeddedlinuxinterfacing.com