Re: [Fwd: libc6-dev: totally incoherent pthread related includes files for dynamic linking]

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:22:17AM +0100, Eric Valette wrote:
> While I do understand that debian 3.1 is the most important things most
> of you are working on, I would like to bring your attention to the
> actual status of libc6-dev and specifically on the incoherences that
> exists between the pthread related includes, the dynamic libpthread.so
> library and also the fact that a different pthread implementation is
> chosen in static (linuxThread)  and dynamic (NPTL) mode.

The only release-relevant thing I can see here is that it's not a
release-critical bug. Thank you for bringing it to my attention so that
I could downgrade it. :-)

(The grave severity implies the package is unusable, which libc6-dev
isn't; it doesn't seem to fit any of the criteria for serious bugs in
the release policy, either.)