dpkg-cross: dh_strip fix & more

Hi Nikita,

here are the results of my latest work on dpkg-cross. Thx you for review all
my changes!

As next, I intent to spend more time on describing the used environement
variables. A first draft of the description can be found as second
attachment. I'm not sure about the structure and the content but I will do
it for the dpkg-buildpackage man page which I'm missing. I think we should
describe dpkg-cross changes on dpkg-buildpackage too!

--
Raphael

--
+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl

Documentation on external variables
===================================

ARCH (get/set) [MAKEFLAGS]
--------------------------
Dsc: Debian GNU/Linux architecture name (powerpc, sh3, m68k, arm, i386 ect.)
Get: By default read from environment but overwritten with by arichtecture of
     `dpkg-buildpackage -a<architecture>`.
Set: If not specified or set by the environment the output of
     `dpkg --print-architecture` is used.

AR (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
--------------------
Dsc: Change name of the archiver used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}ar where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

AS (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
--------------------
Dsc: Change name of the GNU assembler used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}as where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

CC (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
--------------------
Dsc: Change name of the C compiler used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}gcc where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

CPP (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
---------------------
Dsc: Change name of the C pre-processor used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}cpp where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

CXX (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
---------------------
Dsc: Change name of the C++ compiler used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}g++ where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

IMAKECPP (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
--------------------------
Dsc: Change name of the C pre-processor used for cross compilation
     in imake's Makefile.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}cpp where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

CROSSPREFIX (get) [environment]
-------------------------------
Dsc: Used as prefix for compiler's and binutil's application names.
Get: Will be used if not other specified in /etc/dpkg/cross-compile.

CONFIG_SITE (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
-----------------------------
Dsc: Set GNU Autoconf variables with dpkg-cross predefined.
Set: /etc/dpkg/cross-config.$ARCH

DEB_HOST_ARCH (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
-------------------------------
Dsc: Preset the output of `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_ARCH` so it match
     with the ongoing cross-compilation.
Set: Output of `dpkg-architecture -a$ARCH -qDEB_HOST_ARCH`.

DEB_HOST_GNU_CPU (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
----------------------------------
Dsc: Preset the output of `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_CPU` so it match
     with the ongoing cross-compilation.
Set: Output of `dpkg-architecture -a$ARCH -qDEB_HOST_GNU_CPU`. Will be used
     for the $MAKEFLAGS environment variable.

DEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
-------------------------------------
Dsc: Preset the output of `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM` so it match
     with the ongoing cross-compilation.
Set: Output of `dpkg-architecture -a$ARCH -qDEB_HOST_GNU_SYSTEM`. Will be used
     for the $MAKEFLAGS environment variable.

DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
-----------------------------------
Dsc: Preset the output of `dpkg-architecture -qDEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE` so it match
     with the ongoing cross-compilation.
Set: Output of `dpkg-architecture -a$ARCH -qDEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE`. Will be used
     for the $MAKEFLAGS environment variable.

GCC (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
---------------------
Dsc: Change name of the C compiler used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}gcc where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

LD (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
--------------------
Dsc: Change name of the GNU linker for cross compilation.
Set:  Will be set to ${crossprefix}ld where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

MAKEFLAGS (set) [environment]
-----------------------------
Dsc: Control the build process of packages using cross-compiler environment.
Set: Contains many definitions for cross-compiling.

PATH (set) [environment]
------------------------
Dsc: Extends default search path with directories where cross-compiler
     application are installed.
Set: PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin:$crossbin (from /etc/dpkg/cross-compiler)

PKG_CONFIG_PATH (set) [environment]
-----------------------------------
Dsc: Suite pkg-config's directory where to find metainformation for
     dpkg-cross installed libraries.
Set: PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${crosslib}/pkgconfig where ${crosslib} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile.

RANLIB (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
------------------------
Dsc: Change name of the index archiver `ranlib' used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}ranlib where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

STRIP (set) [MAKEFLAGS]
Dsc: Change name of `strip' used for cross compilation.
Set: Will be set to ${crossprefix}strip where ${crossprefix} is from
     /etc/dpkg/cross-compile or the environment variable
	 CROSSPREFIX if not specified.

USRLIBDIR (set) [MAKEFLAGS for imake]
Dsc: Location of shared/static libraries for imake generated Makefiles.
Set: USRLIBDIR=$crosslib (from /etc/dpkg/cross-compiler)