Re: Work on dpkg-cross continues

Hello all,

Quoting "Nikita V. Youshchenko" <yoush@cs.msu.su>:

> > here an another patch from me. I hope it will be accepted because I
> > think it will simplify the work on the manual pages a little bit ;) I've
> > also fixed the GNU AutoTools issue you mentioned before with the clean
> > target.
>
> Thank you. Commited to CVS with minor fixes.
> I hope that changes in autotools are OK, but I'm not an autotools guru, and
> I don't know how to test it (yes I should go read the docs, but please
> please please not now ... :)
>
> Raphael, does dh_strip stuff from CVS work for you?
> I'm afraid it's still broken, most likely because of broken variable (arch,
> crossprefix, etc) passing from dpkg-buildpackage wrapper to dh_strip.
> I'm going to try to clean it up, but probably you've already done it?

My exams are over next week, so I'll be able to start looking into it all.
(Starting by installing a clean Debian om my laptop.) However I do believe
dpkg-buildpackage from the 1.14 package does export crossprefix... Anyway I
should review all the code, and I don't have the time now. I am also going to
the RMLL in Bordeaux (6-10 july), and will be hacking on it a little together
with Benjamin (Henrion) and P2. Let's hope it will result in anything useful.

> In July-August I'll be unavailable for several time intervals from 5 to 14
> days long, so probably I'll be a bad patch dispatcher.

Well if it are holidays you are taking, have loads of fun.

> P.P.S.
> alioth project provides mailing lists - probably we should move discussion
> there?
> Dunno, debian-embedded seems better to me, since I personally dislike
> really small, targetted mailing lists.  (It's not worth my time to
> read it, and people who need the list never seem to be able to find
> it.)

As Emdebian (in its current form) depends very heavily on dpkg-cross I don't
think it is a problem. I even find it a very good place to discuss it, to keep
the Emdebian developers up-to-date about one of the most important pieces of the
Emdebian build system.

Regards,

Philippe

Gestuurd via het webmailsysteem van het De Nayer Instituut: www.denayer.be