Re: On the road to a smaller and more POSIX-compliant base...

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 06:00:51PM +0200, Przemyslaw Brojewski wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 04:50:19PM +0200, David Weinehall wrote:
> > Hoping to be able to make Debian an even better platform for embedded
> > systems, I have patched (almost) all packages in base to remove use of
> > XSI:isms, csh:isms, bash:isms, and probably a GNU:ism or two;
> >
> > (...) I'm going to continue this work in an attempt to make
> > base able to use busybox as an replacement for various other things.
>
> Woohooo! This message just made my day.
>
> > I have only just started submitting the patches to the various
> > package-maintainers, and I don't want to rush this,
>
> Don't let it stall either.

Well, since I'm almost working alone with this, and only doing it in my
spare-time, it's probably going to take some time =)  After all, GNU
Sysutils takes a lot of my time as well.  Oh, and believe it or not,
sometimes I even try not to use my computer (I have recently purchased
the complete set of Monty Python's Flying Circus, so I spend some time
in front of the TV as well)...

Anyway, I'll do my best.  It's nice to know my work isn't completely
wasted.

Regards: David Weinehall
--
 /) David Weinehall <tao@acc.umu.se> /) Northern lights wander      (\
//  Maintainer of the v2.0 kernel   //  Dance across the winter sky //