Re: New Emdebian Server available

What about setting up an UML instance for each developper?

I personnaly have a ibook 500mhz with 128megs of ram, and it would be
great to loose as much time as possible compiling those emdebian
packages.

I don't know about UML per user but it is possible to setup compiler farms to increase performance. Dan Kegel's crosstool provides facilities to take advantage of such a thing. It would also be beneficial from a "build all architectures" test point of view.

My view is that we should look for funding/renting to build a cluster of
servers, with the possibility to have an UML instance per developper.

Funding for fast Internet connections would probably be better. You can take advantage of lots of cheap hardware if you can communicate fast enough.

I don't know howto profit from the power of the whole cluster...

Do you have an idea on howto increase the speed of compiling using that
kind of cluster? How far the compiling speed can be improved?

Mentioned above...