Re: Why can the .rpm package not be installed?

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 01:30:07PM +0800, KENNY_ZHANG@agit.com.cn wrote:
> Why can the .rpm package not be installed?
>
> The command line is like that:
> "rpm -i gcc-arm-2.95.2-12e4.i386.rpm"
>
> The error imformation is:
> "errot: unpacking of archive failed on file \@P\@el\t1: cpio: Archive file
> not in header"
>
> Please tell me the reason. I will appreciate you.

Being appreciated is nice  :-)

I'm not sure about the reason, but are some hints.

* There are several versions of .rpm packages, they differ internal,
  you have to need the right rpm program to use the rpm
* On Debian, you are posting to a Debian mailinglist,
 there is to program alien to install rpm packages

Sorry that I can't direct you an URL with
a cross-compiler for ARM on Debian.

> Best Regards
>
>              Kenny Zhang

Cheers