Re: qemu booting an ARM kernel?

Hello Benjamin,

>I've compiled qemu-0.5.2, it emulates fines with qemu-arm, but i cannot
>succeed in loading an ARM kernel.

>From what I understand kernels can only run in system emulation mode. And
apparently this is not (yet) supported by qemu.

a quote from the website:
"The target CPU is the one QEMU emulates. User emulation means emulation of
user code in order to launch Linux processes. System emulation means full CPU
emulation in order to launch an Operating System."

So this should be the reason why it does not work,

greets,

Philippe

Gestuurd via het webmailsysteem van het De Nayer Instituut: www.denayer.be