Advice, papers, software for newbie ARM developer

The company I currently work for is interested in breaking into the ARM
market. We're just wondering if anybody out there as advice or
recommendations for ARM software. One of the biggest hurdles we face
that have previously kept us in the x86 market was the BIOS. There are
those who tell me that Linux-arm has bootloaders, such as brog, that can
allow one to quickly make a BIOS/Linux-bootloader within a few weeks!
I'm dubious of such claims, and I was wondering what the people on this
list use for their BIOS, and how long does it typically take to produce
a  working BIOS for their ARM products that can boot Linux.