Re: Bug#265620: diverts dh_strip with version that is not up-to-date, and is in violation of my copyright
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> > Just to note that there is progress on fixing this RC bug.
> > I've implemented a strip wrapper that autodetects correct strip binary
> > for given args; it basically works.
> > It needs some more testing and fixes (i.e. proper ar archives
> > handling), and proper integration into dpkg-cross.
> > I hope to have this finished today or tomorrow.
> The fix is ready.
> Unfortunatly can't commit now, due to some problem at alioth.debian.org:
> ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
> cvs [add aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
> any) Will commit later.
Still can't commit :(
For now, I've uploaded dpkg-cross 1.17.2 to my repository at
David, if/when you will upload to debian, please check how I handle old
diversion removing in postinst. I couldn't think of anything better :(.
dpkg-cross (1.17.2) unstable; urgency=low
* Added strip wrapper that tries to detect architectures of given
binaries and call appropriate strip programs.
Modified dpkg-buildpackage wrapper to add strip wrapper to PATH.
Removed dh_strip wrapper and diversion of dh_strip (Closes: #265620).
* Stop adding /usr/local/bin to path - user who needs it probably
already has it.
* Removed ancient dpkg-cross-convert - it is already 5 years old,
and is probably not compatable with current dpkg-cross.
* Note at the top of README.Debian that information there is outdated.
* Fix a typo in dpkg-cross script that caused '-aarm' not work.
* Depend on 'binutils' and on 'file' because scripts use programs
by those packages.
-- Nikita V. Youshchenko <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:00:06
dpkg-cross (1.17.1) unstable; urgency=low
Changes by Raphael Bossek <email@example.com>
* Added gccross as wrapper for cross-compilers.
* Fixed proceeding of /usr/(src|lib) directories with dpkg-cross.
-- Nikita V. Youshchenko <firstname.lastname@example.org> Thu, 22 Jul 2004 23:38:12
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.2.4 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----