Re: About Debian bug 246061, suppress environment variable

> I think it is better to add "unset NAME" construction to configuration
> file, that will unset an individual variable in current
> mode/package/scope.
I hope it will work on package basis. Or will it be possible to unset on
scope and mode basis too?

> I was goind to add it long ago, but still didn't actually add the code.
> I may try to add it this evening.
Put this into your consideration. dpkg-cross define today a bunch of
variables. Nobudy really know which ones are defined without review the
sources (Ore are those documented in man pages?) If we will introduce new
variables old cross-compile scripts won't work because new introduced
variables have to be "unset" by the developer afterwards.

If we would say that _all_ variables are unset by dpkg-cross future
introductions of vairables would not affect old cross-compile
configurations. This is one advantage of this approach.

I'm very interested on your modifications.

--
Raphael Bossek

--
+++ GMX DSL-Tarife 3 Monate gratis* +++ Nur bis 25.7.2004 +++
Bis 24.000 MB oder 300 Freistunden inkl. http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl