Using emdebian cross toolchain on ARMCC assembler

Hello,

I'm currently working on a project for a small embedded ARM based device,
where we're investigating the prospect of moving from using the commercial
ARMCC tools to the GNU cross-toolchain.
We're not concerned about the C part (we can already run the user space
software in a PTH-based environment using the GNU toolchain), but we're a
bit concerned about the assembler for the RTOS (Nucleus), which was
written for the ARM commercial assembler.
Does anyone have any experience of doing something like this, and as such,
any advice about whether this is a viable approach?
Unfortunately, dropping Nucleus for something a bit more GCC friendly is
not an option.  We need to show that our software works on Nucleus on
specific platforms  for it to be saleable.
cheers,

Jonathan

--
>From now on, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with
which I will not put.    Sir Winston Churchill