Re: raising funds and or donations for the project? sponsors?

Hello everybody,

Quoting Peter Vandenabeele <peter.vandenabeele@mind.be>:

> Far better than contribution money, is contributing code, discussion on
> architecture, support to newcomers, testing, infrastructurq etc. which
> eventually costs money indeed, but does not require the management of
> funds etc. Only for very mature projects (OSDL, Apache, ...) a formal
> structure may be needed, but at this time, the standard Free SW model
> seems to work fine here.

I agree with Peter. We should first have something that works and is more or
less usable. That we have some demo platforms running emdebian. The "sponsoring"
we really need for the moment is indeed extra code, infrastructure like servers
(thank you Allen for arranging one) and eventually also some sort of advertising
to attract extra people and interest.

BTW: I've got a Compaq proliant 800 at home (single PIII 500 and option to add
one if I can find one (PIII slot 1 and a compaq power module needed, there are
some on E-bay but I don't have credit card and they are all in the US), 256MB
ECC ram and 2xultraSCSI 9GB disks. If we find a location to hang it on the net I
will also gladly add it to our server-infrastrucure. So that we can have an
European and American server. And if I can get the tape drive to work, and the
location is not to far and easely accessible I could also provide backups). If
there is an interest to use it or some parts can be provided, please contact me.

regards,

Philippe

Gestuurd via het webmailsysteem van het De Nayer Instituut: www.denayer.be