ARM toolchain recommendation

I am starting a new project using the TI OMAP 5910 processor. This seemed like a good opportunity to use some new technology so I went to the Emdebian site. I was very surprised to see that the toolchain was very old. (2.95.2 if I remember correctly) Is there a reason for this? I have actually spent quite a bit of time building and testing various toolchain versions. So far the best choice, as in it compiles u-boot and the kernel, is 2.95.3 with an older glibc. (using the cross compiler build package by Dan Kegel) However you can not build the 2.6 kernels with GCC versions older than 3.x. The 2.6 ARM kernels like GCC versions >= 3.3.

What are your toolchain recommendations for ARM?

TIA