Re: dpkg-cross

Hello everybody,

Quoting Wookey <wookey@aleph1.co.uk>:

> +++ Nikita V. Youshchenko [04-05-30 09:52 +0400]:
>
> > If you post some technical details, probably I can help with this?
>
> Philippe is the expert but essentially some scripts in dpkg-cross and some
> in devscripts are modified to do 'emdebian' style builds. The original

Wel most of it is in the dpkg-buildpackage wrapper from dpkg-cross. I hacked up
the compiler recognition (so it also allows other compilers than
<arch>-linux-gcc), put some lines in that pass on the library, extra flags
etc... I got your package and should hack the differences in somewhere this week.

And of course adapted almost all debhelper scripts to accept and use the
emdebian sub-dir in the "new" source packages. And I wrote some wrappers to
minimize command-line clutter (and to do package database splitting)

> packaging was a bit of a hack that required a force to install and then
> produced lots of whinges from other things that needed dpkg-cross or
> devscripts. At the weekend I did a stag-addons 1.1 which installs cleanly so
> this fixes the problem for the time being, but ultimately a much better
> sulution is simply to update dpkg-cross and devscripts to 'know about'
> emdebian then stag-addons will just contain the aditional stuff.

So Wookey, you managed to fix it? Great news :) May I ask which option did the
trick?

> Take a look at the changes in the stag-addons 1.1 I'll upload shortly to see
> what's changed.

Were are you going to upload it? I will put it on my website too anyway.

regards,

Philippe

Gestuurd via het webmailsysteem van het De Nayer Instituut: www.denayer.be