Re: why not kernel images and other tools?

I am interested in creating tools for embedded beyond kernel configuration. This has been in the back of my mind while I try to follow this thread. My idea was to investigate using Eclipse. If that doesn't look viable, or grossly unpopular, look at implementing something with Tk. (tcl or perl)

Another question that I have is regarding package configuration maintenance in an embedded system. Has anyone thought about this?