Re: aligning my embedded Linux efforts with emdebian

On Wed, Aug 06, 2003 at 06:04:19PM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
> Jim Fred wrote:
> >Here are some possible directions I could take:
> >[] find/modify or contribute a script to download and build gcc,
> >binutils, glibc, uclibc. Our script does ARM but could be modified for
> >other architectures.
>
> May I suggest having a look at http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/ ?
> It downloads and builds gcc, binutils, and glibc -- and then
> tests them!  I'd be more than happy to have it get more real-world
> use; right now it's only well tested for sh4, ppc405, and ppc750.
> I'd also be quite happy to see uclibc support added.

I could suggest also the scripts of C.Hollabaugh (based on potato)
located at

http://www.embeddedlinuxinterfacing.com/sourcecode.shtml

I have the idea of building a package for them eventually. They are arm
and power-pc oriented, but could be easily adapted to other platform.

--
Francesco P. Lovergine