Re: aligning my embedded Linux efforts with emdebian

Jim Fred wrote:
Here are some possible directions I could take:
[] find/modify or contribute a script to download and build gcc,
binutils, glibc, uclibc. Our script does ARM but could be modified for
other architectures.

May I suggest having a look at http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/ ?
It downloads and builds gcc, binutils, and glibc -- and then
tests them!  I'd be more than happy to have it get more real-world
use; right now it's only well tested for sh4, ppc405, and ppc750.
I'd also be quite happy to see uclibc support added.

Thanks,
Dan

--
Dan Kegel