Re: Salsa permissions

Hi Aymeric,

Aymeric Agon-Rambosson <aymeric.agon@yandex.com> writes:

> Hi Xiyue,
>
> Le dimanche 10 mars 2024 à 18:08, Xiyue Deng <manphiz@gmail.com> a
> écrit :
>
>> For getting push rights you'll need to wait for the team owners'
>> approval.
>
> Yes, this is what I'm doing.
>
>> I don't think I have permission to add new members to the
>> team
>
> No. And I do not need to be added to the team, I am already in it.
>
>> but I do have commit rights to handle merge requests, which is why
>> I asked.
>
> Unless I'm mistaken, not in this case.
>
> The branches I want to push to are protected, which means neither of
> us (we are "Developers", in gitlab permission parlance) can push to
> it. Only "Maintainers" or above can.

Ah didn't realize that.  I was under the impression that I pushed to the
with-editor myself before but turned out it was my merge request merged
by another maintainer.  So yeah I cannot push either.

> This is why I'm asking to be promoted to gitlab Maintainer. It is the
> first time I want to push to protected branches. Those are not very
> frequent, as far as I can tell, and I am not sure whether they were
> declared protected on purpose or simply by default.

I think it's reasonable to at least ask to remove the protected status
of those branches.  I could be missing something, though.

--
Xiyue Deng