Re: Package elpher

Чт 30 июл 2020 @ 07:45 Dhavan <quark@codingquark.com>:

> [...]

So, I've just looked into your package and I have a few comments:

1a. d/control: short description should not start with an article
   (that is, "A" in this case) and in the most cases (this included)
   should start from lowercase letter. Also, it contains a trailing
   whitespaces, which should be removed.

1b. d/control: description contains a list, but entities of it are not
   indented properly.

1c. d/control: Homepage field is missing.

2. d/copyright: please, add Tim Vaughan's email address. Also, please
   add Source field, pointing to the place where one can get an upstream
   source code. Moreover, your d/copyright contains boilerplate part,
   which should be removed.

3. d/docs: you've included ISSUES.org, but not included README. What
   was the reason for it?

4. The source code contains elpher.texi file, so I believe that binary
   package should contain some documentation in the relevant format, but
   it does not. Please, make it build and install the documentation.

5. d/watch is missing.

There are some lintian warnings, which you supposed to fix:

W: elpa-elpher: copyright-contains-automatically-extracted-boilerplate
W: elpa-elpher: description-synopsis-starts-with-article
W: elpa-elpher: initial-upload-closes-no-bugs
W: elpa-elpher: possible-unindented-list-in-extended-description
W: elpher source: unknown-paragraph-in-dep5-copyright paragraph at line 29
I: elpher source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: elpher source: file-contains-fixme-placeholder debian/copyright:32 FIXME
P: elpa-elpher: executable-in-usr-lib usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/elpa-elpher
P: elpa-elpher: executable-in-usr-lib usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/remove/elpa-elpher
P: elpher source: no-homepage-field
P: elpher source: trailing-whitespace debian/control (line 18)
X: elpher source: upstream-metadata-file-is-missing

(The last one is rather optional, also executable-in-usr-lib is not
supposed to be fixed.)

Some of these warning reflect some of my comments. More information
about these warnings can be found at https://lintian.debian.org/tags.html.

When someone asks for sponsoring an upload, I expect the person to at
least try to build their package and run lintian against it. Currently,
I see only boilderplate generated by dh-make-elpa. Please, make sure you
pushed all of your commits to the repo.

Regards,
Lev