Re: Help/sponsorship needed in upstreaming multiple elpa/melpa packages to debian

Hello Sławomir,

Hopefully the following reviews are useful; let me know when addressed.
Please note I haven't tried to build anything yet.

On Wed 20 May 2020 at 09:09PM +02, Sławomir Wójcik wrote:

> dockerfile-mode:
> https://salsa.debian.org/Valdaer/dockerfile-mode
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/dockerfile-mode

- copyright years do not match those claimed by upstream
- does not close ITP
- Upstream-Name field is blank?
- old std-ver

> groovy-emacs-modes:
> https://salsa.debian.org/Valdaer/groovy-emacs-modes
> https://mentors.debian.net/package/groovy-emacs-modes

- needs binary packages for each .el file so that we have one binary
  package corresponding to each package on MELPA
- copyright years do not match those claimed by upstream
- does not close ITP
- no Source: field in d/copyright (Policy actually requires this)
- old debhelper compat & std-ver
- you'll want to patch in Package-Depends or list dependencies manually
  in d/control (headers of files suggest there are various elpa-*
  dependencies)

--
Sean Whitton