How to upgrade Debian Policy version

Hello,

I have adopted geiser, and 6 months ago I had packaged 0.10 from
upstream[1]. Since then, I have been occupied unfortunately and
regrettably. Anyway, I am back!

Tracker[2] says the next most important thing is to bump Debian Policy
version. Upgrading checklist[3] doesn't seem very helpful to me right
away. Perhaps I should start with reading Policy Manual[4]?

It would be great if someone can point me in the right direction to
start the journey!

Meanwhile, I have begun reading what Debian recommends as steps to
upgrade the policy and hopefully I shall find out eventually!

Thanks!

[1]: https://salsa.debian.org/emacsen-team/geiser/-/commit/fb1da63a8e92bf2de600ad1faf34bda6219f9354
[2]: https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/geiser
[3]: https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/upgrading-checklist.html#version-4-5-0