Re: Hello Emacsen Team

Hey!

Il ven 4 ott 2019, 17:59 David Krauser <david@krauser.org> ha scritto:
Hey Emacsen Team,

I've been chatting with a few of you on IRC over the last few days, and I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to the rest of the team :-)

I was once a long-time vi user, but switched to the dark side when I discovered evil mode in emacs. That was a few years ago now, and I haven't looked back. When I saw that evil-el was an orphaned and out of date package, I jumped in to see how I could help.

Nicholas Steeves and David Bremner were both immediately welcoming and they pointed me to a few things that need work:

- Finding any pkgs that use pkg-emacsen-addons@lists.alioth.debian.org and switch them to debian-emacsen@lists.debian.org
- Finding any pkgs that errorneous declare a vcs on anonscm.debian.org and switch that to salsa.debian.org

I plan on digging into this over the next few days :-)

Also in the more long term, I've filed an intent to adopt the evil-el package (and a few of it's orphaned dependencies). Hopefully I can help get those packages up to date, too.

Thanks,

David Krauser

Well... welcome onboard, then! ;-)

Cheers.