Re: [ATTN New Members] Checklist of things to work on before seeking sponsorship

Hi Dhavan,

Dhavan <quark@codingquark.com> writes:

> [...]

Here's a checklist from lintian:

1. W: geiser source: package-uses-deprecated-debhelper-compat-version 7
2. I: geiser source: debian-watch-uses-insecure-uri http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases/geiser/(\d*\.\d+)/geiser-(.*).tar.gz
3. I: geiser source: debian-watch-contains-dh_make-template (line 1)
   * L1 is a false positive; however, L3 and L9-10 should be removed
4. W: geiser source: ancient-standards-version 3.9.6 (released 2014-09-17)
5. It would also be easy to fix the following with M-x whitespace-cleanup on debian/changelog:
   P: geiser source: file-contains-trailing-whitespace debian/changelog (line 119)
   P: geiser source: file-contains-trailing-whitespace debian/changelog (line 140)
   P: geiser source: file-contains-trailing-whitespace debian/changelog (line 144)
   P: geiser source: file-contains-trailing-whitespace debian/changelog (line 153)

There's also a redundant element in a line in 'rules' that should be
dropped after upgrading the debhelper-compat version.

Bremner, do you also think that these could/should be fixed at this time?:

  I: geiser source: debian-rules-parses-dpkg-parsechangelog (line 12)
  I: geiser source: debian-rules-parses-dpkg-parsechangelog (line 13)

eg:

  - SOURCEPKG=$(shell dpkg-parsechangelog | sed  -n 's/^Source: \(.*\)/\1/p')
  - UPSTREAM=$(shell dpkg-parsechangelog |  sed -n 's/^Version: \(.*\)-[^-]*/\1/p')
  + include /usr/share/dpkg/pkg-info.mk
  + export DEB_VERSION_UPSTREAM

Cheers,
Nicholas