Re: [Pkg-emacsen-addons] emacs-htmlize_1.51-1_amd64.changes is NEW

Hi Sean,

Пт 25 авг 2017 @ 19:49 Sean Whitton <spwhitton@spwhitton.name>:

> On Fri, Aug 25 2017, Debian FTP Masters wrote:
>
>> binary:elpa-htmlize is NEW.
>> binary:elpa-htmlize is NEW.
>> source:emacs-htmlize is NEW.
>
> Are you aware that this is already in three other packages?
>
>     iris ~ % apt-file search htmlize.el
>     elpa-org: /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/elpa-src/org-9.0.9/htmlize.el
>     emacs-goodies-el: /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/emacs-goodies-el/htmlize.el
>     xemacs21-basesupport: /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp/text-modes/htmlize.elc
>     xemacs21-basesupport-el: /usr/share/xemacs21/xemacs-packages/lisp/text-modes/htmlize.el.gz
>
> The emacs-goodies-el can be removed in favour of your package, but we
> definitely don't want a copy in Org and a copy in elpa-htmlize.

Yes, I know.

I don't care much for emacs-goodies-el, simply because I
strongly believe that it should be separated into small maintainable
packages.

Then, the main problem with elpa-org is that htmlize.el is
developed as a separate project. FYI elpa-org contains htmlize.el at
1.43, it was released in Sep 2012. But htmlize.el upstream is at 1.51
now, released in Dec 2016.

> Maybe we should make org-mode depend on your new package and replace the
> file with a symlink?

I think that it would be a better solution. Otherwise, there's Conflicts
field available. The proper solutions would be to ask org-mode upstream
not to include third-party sources and rather depend on them.

Cheers!
Lev