Re: Slimming emacs-nox

On Sat, Jul 2, 2016 at 5:35 PM, Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> wrote:

> Jeffrey has suggested removing additional features from emacs-nox to
> make it smaller, and so I thought I'd raise the issue here to see what
> others think.
>
> cf. https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=828702

To b clear, it does not matter on desktops and servers.

The pain point (for me) is my BeagleBoard and CubieTruck. They usually
have 2GB or 4GB of storage, only have 750 MB or so after install, and
sometimes run out of space when compiling programs. Things I have to
be mindful of include package caches, installed locales, extra storage
required by a program or library.

beaglebone:~$ df -h
udev             10M     0   10M   0% /dev
tmpfs            98M  8.3M   90M   9% /run
/dev/mmcblk0p1  1.6G 1016M  432M  72% /
tmpfs           245M     0  245M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           245M     0  245M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup