Re: elpa startup

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> I am in a similar situation. I see that you did patch directly the mode
> to add some autoload:
>
> ;;;###autoload
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.vala$" . vala-mode))
> ;;;###autoload
> (add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.vapi$" . vala-mode))
>
> Is that what we should do?

That was our conclusion at Debconf.  This is arguably a bit more hassle,
depending on how you deal with patches, but my personal opinion is that
we should try to reduce the divergence with upstreams, either by sending
patches upstream, or by removing unneeded/obsolete Debian customization.

> I am also concerned about what happens with the files that were created
> in the *.emacsen-* files.
>
> Should I put the content of my emacsen-remove at some point or will
> emacsen-common execute it on upgrade?

The postrm for the superceded package should still be run when it's
"upgraded" to the transitional package (especially if the elpa-foo
package replaces/breaks the old foo package).