Re: emacs24 backport

David Bremner <bremner@debian.org> writes:

> I am running a private backport of emacs24 I made. The source package
> from sid recompiled fine on wheezy.  I thought about uploading it to
> backports, but I wasn't totally comfortable doing that without a
> corresponding branch in the git repo, and that looked a bit complex due
> to the non-free docs and split source package.

So Bálint just asked me about this -- and yeah, it may be a little
messy.  I should be be working on emacs24 more heavily shortly, and I
wanted to see what might be involved in a backport branch.

So I asked Bálint to give me a few weeks, but if that doesn't work out,
then perhaps Bálint can handle it.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning