Re: emacs24 backport

Thomas Koch <thomas@koch.ro> writes:

> Hi,
>
> is there any hope that we could see an emacs24 backport? What emacs do you
> use? I'm on stable+backports and I need a reliable emacs, so emacs-snapshot is
> no option since it moves too fast. (Besides it's unmaintained now?)

Hi Thomas;

I am running a private backport of emacs24 I made. The source package
from sid recompiled fine on wheezy.  I thought about uploading it to
backports, but I wasn't totally comfortable doing that without a
corresponding branch in the git repo, and that looked a bit complex due
to the non-free docs and split source package.