Re: emacsen-common: Please symlink to the .el when byte compiling for each emacsen

Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:

> I've finally added something to this effect for an upcoming release
> (probably a 1.4.23 release unless I get the major 2.0.0 overhaul out
> fairly quickly -- that's more or less working now):
>
>  E) If an add-on package compiles any of its Emacs Lisp sources (which
>     must be compiled to a subdirectory of
>     /usr/share/<flavor>/site-lisp/<package-name> -- see section 4
>     above) it must also create a symlink in the same directory as the
>     compiled output that points to the corresponding source file.
>
>     For example, if add-on package foo produces
>     /usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/foo/bar.elc, then it must also create
>     a symlink /usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/foo/bar.el pointing to
>     the corresponding source file.  This ensures that Emacs will be
>     able to locate the source code for the add-on package when using
>     M-x find-function, etc.

This is what I just uploaded to unstable in emacsen-common 1.4.23, along
with changes that make emacsen-common itself follow the new policy.  Let
me know if you think we need additional changes.

Thanks
--
Rob Browning
rlb @defaultvalue.org and @debian.org