Re: RFC: relaxation of debian-emacs-policy dependency requirements

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 05:37:23PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
> Rob Browning <rlb@defaultvalue.org> writes:
> I think this may allow us to remove the requirement that add-on packages
> depend on emacs flavors, and may fix the bugs we've been discussing.  It
> may also make it possible to avoid some duplicate add-on package builds.

I will be in low connectivity and low available time modes for some weeks.
Will try to go back to this later. Anyway, unless something really
simple, flexible and at the same time rock-solid is created shortly, I do
not think we should try too hard to have this for squeeze.

By the way, some time ago, I was playing with the tsort part to try making
something perl-only for the limited needs of handling emacsen add-on
dependencies. That was some time ago and I do not remember where it can be.
Will try to look harder, in case something of that can be useful.

Cheers,

--
Agustin