Error when running `make boostrap'

I'm building Emacs cvs under Debian Lenny.  I did it many times with Etch and
everything went fine.  Now, instead, the `configure' step seemed to produce a
fine output but `make bootstrap' produced the following error message:

Wrong type argument: listp, #<subr defmacro>
make[2]: *** [bootstrap-emacs] Error 255
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/rodolfo/tmp/emacs/src'
make[1]: *** [bootstrap-build] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rodolfo/tmp/emacs'
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

I need urgently Emacs cvs: please help to work the problem out.

Thanks for any help
Rodolfo