Re: Difference between emacs23-gtk and emacs-snapshot packages

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@acm.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Aug 15 2009, Simon Josefsson wrote:
>
>> So now that emacs 23.1 has been released, and uploaded, is there any
>> significant difference between the official emacs23-gtk package and the
>> emacs-snapshot packages?
>
>         I was under the impression that emacs-snapshot follows the
>  trunk, which has commits in it in advance of the emacs 23 release
>  branch. Specifically, org-mode is much different in the trunk (I have
>  not tested it, since I am not using a version of emacs I compile from
>  the trunk directly).

I was thinking more in terms of compilation options or different library
dependencies.  I don't need any elisp code beyond what's in 23.1, or so
I believe, so I'm wondering if there is anything in it for me to keep
using emacs-snapshot instead of emacs23-gtk.

/Simon