RFS: gnus -- A versatile news and mail reader for Emacsen

Hi,

a short time ago I noticed that the world's best mail and newsreader,
Gnus, has been up for adoption since August 2008 (#527356).

I'd be willing to become maintainer of this package, but I need a
sponsor. I've been using Gnus for ten years, and for a couple of last
years I've already been using self-compiled version of Gnus to fix
compatibility with GNU Emacs 22 (with patches from BTS).

I've prepared now packages for latest upstream release, and uploaded
that to mentors.

http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=gnus

Any feedback appreciated. I know that there is some lintian warnings,
and I plan to check those soon.

Would you like to sponsor me?

--
Tommi Vainikainen