RFS: gnus -- A versatile news and mail reader for Emacsen

a short time ago I noticed that the world's best mail and newsreader,
Gnus, has been up for adoption since August 2008 (#527356).

I'd be willing to become maintainer of this package, but I need a
sponsor. I've been using Gnus for ten years, and for a couple of last
years I've already been using self-compiled version of Gnus to fix
compatibility with GNU Emacs 22 (with patches from BTS).

I've prepared now packages for latest upstream release, and uploaded
that to mentors.

Any feedback appreciated. I know that there is some lintian warnings,
and I plan to check those soon.

Would you like to sponsor me?

Tommi Vainikainen