Re: ITP: emacs.app -- The GNU Emacs editor on GNUstep

Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org> writes:

> Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:
>
>>> once emacs 23.x is shipped with debian this bug should be
>>> reassigned to emacs and be built from that source using
>>> ./configure --with-ns --without-x
>>
>> Why not revive emacs-snaphot then?
>
> And could we please call it emacs23-snapshot?

How about calling the package 'emacs23'?

The fact that it is an unreleased snapshot could be reflected in the
version number. And at the point emacs23 gets eventually released the
package tracks the stable branch, instead of the development branch.

--
Gruesse/greetings,
Reinhard Tartler, KeyID 945348A4