Re: ITP: emacs.app -- The GNU Emacs editor on GNUstep

Hilko Bengen <bengen@debian.org> writes:

> Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:
>
>>> once emacs 23.x is shipped with debian this bug should be
>>> reassigned to emacs and be built from that source using
>>> ./configure --with-ns --without-x
>>
>> Why not revive emacs-snaphot then?
>
> And could we please call it emacs23-snapshot?

Why?  It is a current packaging of the trunk.  What feature set
constitutes "Emacs 23" is an evolving matter.  There is no distinctive
difference between "emacs22-snapshot" and "emacs23-snapshot".  There
have been a few times in history where one could have snapshotted
branches, like "emacs-unicode2".  But right now there are no significant
branches.