Re: Playing with a personal emacsen-common build

On 2008-10-31 17:33 +0100, Agustin Martin wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 04:01:07PM +0200, Agustin Martin wrote:
> There is one thing about which I would like to get feedback, old flavors. I
> have added basic support for excluding specific flavors, although only put
> 'emacs' there. However current code will not work for emacs19 and emacs20. I
> can make it work with them (in short, is just adding a dolist fallback
> definition and making sure add-to-list is defined and accepting the append
> option, both properly renamed to avoid name clashes). I tested these changes
> in a slink qemu box, and seem to work, but did not yet add them to the
> master branch. Changes are not a nightmare, but do you think this backwards
> portability worths?

I don't think it is necessary to cater to those long obsolete flavors,
since at least the emacs20 package (haven't looked at emacs19 yet) is
not installable in etch or lenny.  The dependency chain goes emacs20 ->
xlibs -> xfree86-common, and the latter one conflicts with x11-common.
The people still using emacs20 seem to be running xfree86 or pre-7.0
releases of xorg.

Thank you for taking care of the neglected emacsen-common package.

Sven