Re: Debian emacs21: can't bind umlaut keys

Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> writes:

> One important reason to prefer emacs-snapshot over emacs22 is that the
> latter was not part of Debian before the Etch release and the various
> add-on Elisp packages in Etch do not support it well.  Contrastingly,
> the emacs-snapshot had been in Debian for more than 18 months and the
> vast majority of Elisp packages in Etch work very well with it.

I'm working on fixing this (along with the find-function issue and load
shadows) from the Ubuntu side, and am sending patches to Debian
maintainers as I fix their packages.

--
       Michael Olson -- FSF Associate Member #652     |
 http://mwolson.org/ -- Jabber: mwolson_at_hcoop.net  |  /` |\ | | |