Re: New DFSG-compliant emacs packages

+++ David Kastrup [27/10/06 10:22 +0200]:
You mean, making an example of Emacs users is ok because you think the
experienced ones might be able to work around the attack?

Last time I looked, the Debian policies were supposed to be good for
its users, not a weapon against them.

The motivation here is not to make an example of emacs users.  The
documentation is non-free and must be removed.  Debian policies are in fact
supposed to be good for its users, but Debian puts protecting the user's
freedom above the user's convenience.

Since the documentation is non-free, it must be removed.  So the question
is, which would be doing emacs users a greater disservice, removing the rest
of emacs, or not.  And I think many will agree that removing emacs from
debian completely would be more of an "attack" on emacs users than not
removing it.

stew