Re: New DFSG-compliant emacs packages

Mike O'Connor <stew@vireo.org> writes:

> +++ David Kastrup [26/10/06 21:22 +0200]:
>>
>>But M-x report-emacs-bug RET reports to the GNU addresses.
>
> If you feel that the debian package should not do this, please file
> a bug in the debian bug tracking system: http://bugs.debian.org

I don't feel that the Debian package should not do this: most Emacs
problems are best handled upstream, in particular since the Debian
Emacs maintainers are not actively involved or communicating much with
upstream development AFAICS.  I just find it annoying that I expect
the ratio of useful bug reports to decrease, and the number of people
who can't figure out their problems by using the documentation
increase.