Re: Gnus Manual License

On Wed, 04 Oct 2006 23:09:15 +0200, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> said:

> Jérôme Marant <jerome@marant.org> writes:
>> I guess that not being able to rename or remove "A GNU Manual" makes
>> impossible to make a derivative manual.

> Not at all.  It just places a requirement on the form a derivative
> manual might take in the print.

I cannot make a derivative manual that states on the cover that it is "A
GNU Manual" when it is, in fact, NOT a GNU manual.  The manual would
make claims that are absolutely false, and which the license prevents
anyone from removing.

--
Hubert Chan - email & Jabber: hubert@uhoreg.ca - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA   (Key available at wwwkeys.pgp.net)