Re: New mirrors for my Emacs arch archive: miles@gnu.org--gnu-2005

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org (va, manoj)> writes:

> Romain, How about adding these to debian/rules?

> confflags += --with-xpm
> confflags += --with-jpeg
> confflags += --with-tiff
> confflags += --with-png

We don't need these, they're picked up automatically by the configure
script via Build-Depends.  (And adding them won't make the build fail if
the development files aren't installed, if that's why you're making this
suggestion.)

> We already have "confflags += --with-gif" (may need to adjust
> build-depends, of course)

I'll remove that, it's an artefact of previous Emacs 21 versions
struggling with libungif support; it's not called for in emacs-snapshot.
Thanks for pointing it out.

> The branch builds fine from source, but I ran into no end of problems
> while trying to use the debian emacs-snapshot branch with yours [...]

I'm not sure which branch you're referring to... emacs--miles, perhaps?

--
  ,''`.
 : :' :        Romain Francoise <rfrancoise@debian.org>