Re: CVS Gnus packages ?

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:42:26 -0400, Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@tendentious.org> said:

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
>> I am pretty happy to be able to just throw apt to have Emacs CVS on
>> my machines.
>> I want the same for No Gnus. Is there any plan pending for that ?

> Manoj has a repo for daily snapshots:

> deb http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/ packages/

> He also appears to have taken to uploading them to unstable now that
> sarge is out, as Romain notes---I just don't know if he does them
> every day, or only occasionally or what...

        Very accossionally. I sometimes freeze the latest CVS version
 installed on my box (after some code change that I liked), and test
 it out for a couple of weeks, watching to see if anything broke or if
 something else was changed in CVS which needed fixing. If not, I
 upload this somewhat tested version to unstable.

        I also entertain occasional requests to refresh the Sid version.

Seeing danger where there is no danger, and not seeing danger where
there is, by holding to wrong views people go to a bad rebirth. 317