Re: CVS Gnus packages ?

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 09:42:26 -0400, Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman@tendentious.org> said:

> Xavier Maillard <zedek@gnu-rox.org> writes:
>> I am pretty happy to be able to just throw apt to have Emacs CVS on
>> my machines.
>>
>> I want the same for No Gnus. Is there any plan pending for that ?

> Manoj has a repo for daily snapshots:

> deb http://people.debian.org/~srivasta/ packages/

> He also appears to have taken to uploading them to unstable now that
> sarge is out, as Romain notes---I just don't know if he does them
> every day, or only occasionally or what...

        Very accossionally. I sometimes freeze the latest CVS version
 installed on my box (after some code change that I liked), and test
 it out for a couple of weeks, watching to see if anything broke or if
 something else was changed in CVS which needed fixing. If not, I
 upload this somewhat tested version to unstable.

        I also entertain occasional requests to refresh the Sid version.

        manoj
--
Seeing danger where there is no danger, and not seeing danger where
there is, by holding to wrong views people go to a bad rebirth. 317