Re: Some XEmacs issues and proposals

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:37:59 +0200, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> said:

> Now you have to ask yourself: for how many Emacs packages are there
> Debian versions maintained by upstream, the ideal constellation?

        If by that you mean that there is ./debian directory upstream,
 then by no means is it an ideal "constellation", unless constellation
 is something negative.  Indeed, fvwm hasa ./debian directory, but I
 wipe it clean, and put in my own in its place; I would not expect
 upstream to monitor and follow Debian policy and inter package
 relationships.

        I would also much rather Gnus did not developer a native
 ./debian directory on its own either ;-)

        manoj
--
The Phone Booth Rule: A lone dime always gets the number nearly right.