Re: New from emacs-snapshot

"Davide G. M. Salvetti" <salve-evlas@debian.org> writes:

> Thank for your try, let us known if you make any progress.

You'll be the first to know. :-)

> DB> but it seems me and dpatch don't get along very well.
>
> Rather than doing a fresh Emacs checkout whenever dpatch gets confused,
> you might want to:
>
>   - rm -rf debian/patched/
>   - cvs update
>   - rm -f {all the files that cvs update told you have been modified}
>   - cvs update

Ah, that's an idea, thanks.

But wait a minute, isn't there a CVS command that will restore the
tree to whatever is in the repository, throwing away local changes?
[Digs around in the CVS manual.]  Yeah, `cvs update -C' --- that's it.

   rm -rf debian/patched ; cvs update -C

> Also, try the fixed misc-unseparated.dpatch in my tree
> (http://people.debian.org/~salve/arch/2005/), it should be more
> suited to latest cvs checkouts.

I'll try that.

--